Lymphatic Drainage Massage is a gentle, connective tissue massage technique that accelerates the movement of the lymphatic fluid that bathes the tissues, through the lymphatic system and into the bloodstream. The therapist uses precise, rhythmic strokes. The pumping action of the massage causes small capillaries to open and close, enhancing reabsorption of lymph from the tissues back into the lymphatic vessels. The lymphatic system is responsible for keeping the connective tissue surrounding cells free from excess water, proteins, bacteria, viruses, inorganic materials, destroyed cells resulting from surgery or trauma, red blood cells, and other dead cells. This technique helps remove toxins, reduces edema or tissue fluid retention, and decongests all lymphatic pathways. The repetitive and soothing movements also stimulate pain-inhibitory reflexes. Lymphatic drainage massage enhances immune function, increases tissue metabolism, improves nutrition to the tissues, promotes eliminative functions, establishes fluid balance, reduces pain, and induces deep relaxation. Your Registered Massage Therapist will work with you to individualize this treatment to the specific, targeted area(s) needed. Please note that this is not a relaxation massage, but rather a therapeutic treatment with relaxation benefits. Each session can last between 40-60 minutes depending on the number of items being worked on.
- Your treatment time includes consultation and change time.
- Club MEx member discounts applied at time of treatment.
- 90 and 120 min treatments are available by phone.
- Under 16: Requires a parental signature to receive a treatment.
- Expecting Moms, please note number of weeks in your booking notes.
- Direct Billing Available to Most Major Insurance Companies.