Deep Tissue Massage
Deep Tissue Massage involves the applying firmer pressure and slower strokes to reach the deeper layers of muscle, tendons, and fascia. The movements are generally performed with fingers, knuckles, hands, elbows and forearms, and are commonly focused solely on the specific areas of pain and tension. Deep tissue is largely favoured amongst athletes and sports enthusiasts as it helps release stubborn knots, chronic tension, contracted areas, and adhesions. Its style can also help your muscles and joints to get back their ideal range-of-motion. While some of the treatment may feel similar to a Swedish Massage, Deep Tissue Massage isn’t a stronger version, but rather it increases the capacity of a Swedish with its deeper touch. At the start of your massage, a lighter pressure is generally applied to warm-up the muscle. Thereafter the pressure progresses to your level of comfort. Always communicate with your Registered Massage Therapist to ensure the pressure is catered to your personal tolerance. After your massage, you may feel some stiffness or soreness, but it should subside within a day or so. Be sure to contact your massage therapist if you have concerns or if you feel pain after having a massage.
- Your treatment time includes consultation and change time.
- Club MEx member discount is applied at time of treatment.
- 90 and 120 min treatments are available by phone.
- Under 16: Requires a parental signature to receive a treatment.
- Expecting Moms, please note number of weeks in your booking notes.
- Direct Billing Available to Most Major Insurance Companies.