A TMJ Massage is a massage for jaw pain. A treatment for Bruxism, Jaw Clenching, the treatment of Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) Dysfunction. Your masseter muscle is your primary chewing muscle, it covers the sides of the jaw just behind the cheeks. It’s also the muscle that clenches your jaw and grinds your teeth. It can hold a lot of tension, and unfortunately, and it’s one of the most common locations for trigger points in the body. Because of this tension there is a very strong connection between tension headaches and jaw muscle tension. Our Expert RMTs can help address the cause of pain in this jaw and upper cheekbone area. Whether it's a jaw injury, jaw fatigue, arthritis, grinding/clenching, tension headaches, or improper posture causing muscular imbalances in the jaw area; regular massage in this area can help!
To start, your service provider will ask you a few questions about your jaw, and its discomfort. They will then perform an assessment, starting with evaluating your posture, and asking you to open and close your mouth, move it side-to- side, and will feel around your jaw area and face. Massage therapy can gently work the muscles of the jaw, which can increase circulation to help decrease inflammation and speed up healing. The treatment itself is not painful, and a reduction in symptoms are generally felt immediately. Your RMT can also teach you how to massage this area yourself, so you can do it throughout the day.
- Your treatment time includes consultation and change time.
- Club MEx member pricing applied at time of appointment.
- Members and non-members are welcome in our clinics.
- 90 and 120 mins treatments may be available by phone.
- Under 16 requires a parental signature to receive treatment.
- Expecting Moms, please note number of weeks in your booking notes.
- Direct billing is available to most major insurance companies in all Provinces except Quebec.
- Quebec clinics will provide insurance receipts for therapeutic treatments.
- For insurance and billing questions, please visit our insurance page.
$109.99Non Member Price
$159.99Non Member Price
Is this Your First Visit?
- Please arrive 15-minutes early to fill out your initial Health History Form or click here to fill our online form.
- Leave your cellphone in the car to avoid the beeps you know you are going to want to check.
- Do not eat just before your massage, but also do not come in famished.
- Enjoy several long deep breaths even before you walk into the clinic.
- Ensure that your restroom duties have been fulfilled prior to your treatment.
- If your mind cannot relax into the treatment, try focusing on what muscles your therapist is working on and concentrating on how the work feels on your muscles.