Cupping Therapy is a modified version of the common practice of cupping, used in traditional Chinese medicine. Cupping Massage will help break down rigid tissue (muscle and fascia), and assists in the release of excess fluids and toxins. It also promotes blood flow and can helps improve range of motion. The process involves the therapist putting special cups on your skin for a few minutes to create suction. The process uses negative pressure (suction) to lift the soft tissues of the body. This is "not" fire cupping. Generally patients get cupping for many purposes, including to help with pain, inflammation, blood flow, relaxation and well-being, and as a type of deep-tissue massage. After your session, the cups may leave bruise or bruise-like marks on your treated areas, The color and pattern of the marks depend on the level of stagnation in the area, and can range from a bright red to a dark purple, usually lasting 3 days to a week, sometimes a bit longer. Once our clients understand what these marks are, and feel the results, their concerns disappear, and they return for more sessions. Cups can be made out of silicone, rubber, glass, or even bamboo and can be left in place or moved along the body. Each session can last between 30-50 minutes depending on the area in which requires treatment.
- Your treatment time includes consultation and change time.
- Club MEx member pricing applied at time of appointment.
- Members and non-members are welcome in our clinics.
- 90 and 120 mins treatments may be available by phone.
- Under 16 requires a parental signature to receive treatment.
- Expecting Moms, please note number of weeks in your booking notes.
- Direct billing is available to most major insurance companies in all Provinces except Quebec.
- Quebec clinics will provide insurance receipts for therapeutic treatments.
- For insurance and billing questions, please visit our insurance page.
$119.99Non Member Price
$169.99Non Member Price
$219.99Non Member Price
Is this Your First Visit?
- Please arrive 15-minutes early to fill out your initial Health History Form or click here to fill our online form.
- Leave your cellphone in the car to avoid the beeps you know you are going to want to check.
- Do not eat just before your massage, but also do not come in famished.
- Enjoy several long deep breaths even before you walk into the clinic.
- Ensure that your restroom duties have been fulfilled prior to your treatment.
- If your mind cannot relax into the treatment, try focusing on what muscles your therapist is working on and concentrating on how the work feels on your muscles.