Ashiatsu is a type of massage therapy in which the therapist actually walks on a patient’s back, with the support of ceiling bars and other props for gravitational assistance and balance, to glide over muscles, using their feet as hands. This allows the therapist to work in deeper tissue, moving more fascia, meanwhile causing no irritating pain from a bony elbow or forearm. This modality has its roots in traditional Chinese medicine, however is readily practised throughout North America. Ashiatsu Therapy elevates traditional bodywork to a new level. “Ashi” which means “foot” and “Atsu” which means “pressure”.
- Your treatment time includes consultation and change time.
- Club MEx member discount is applied at time of treatment.
- 90 and 120 min treatments are available by phone.
- Under 16: Requires a parental signature to receive a treatment.
- Expecting Moms, please note number of weeks in your booking notes.
- Direct Billing Available to Most Major Insurance Companies.