Lymphatic Drainage Massage is a gentle, connective tissue massage technique that accelerates the movement of the lymphatic fluid that bathes the tissues, through the lymphatic system and into the bloodstream. Your Registered Massage Therapist will use gentle, precise, rhythmic strokes. The pumping action of the massage causes small capillaries to open and close, enhancing reabsorption of lymph from the tissues back into the lymphatic vessels. The lymphatic system is responsible for keeping the connective tissue surrounding cells free from excess water, proteins, bacteria, viruses, inorganic materials, destroyed cells resulting from surgery or trauma, red blood cells, and other dead cells. This technique helps to reduce edema or tissue fluid retention and decongests lymphatic pathways. The repetitive and soothing techniques also stimulate pain-inhibitory reflexes. Lymphatic Drainage Massage may enhance immune function, increase tissue metabolism, improve nutrition to the tissues, promote eliminative functions, establish fluid balance, reduce pain, and induce deep relaxation. Your RMT will work with you to individualize this treatment to the specific, targeted area(s) needed. Lymphatic Drainage Massage is not a relaxation massage, but rather a therapeutic treatment with relaxation benefits. *** Each session can last between 40-60 minutes depending on the number of areas being treated. *** PLEASE NOTE: Post-surgical treatments may result in the charge of an additional treatment fee. Please contact the clinic directly if you have had surgery in the last 3-months and are seeking Lymphatic Drainage Massage as part of your healing process.
- Your treatment time includes consultation and change time.
- Club MEx member pricing applied at time of appointment.
- Members and non-members are welcome in our clinics.
- 90 and 120 mins treatments may be available by phone.
- Under 16 requires a parental signature to receive treatment.
- Expecting Moms, please note number of weeks in your booking notes.
- Direct billing is available to most major insurance companies in all Provinces except Quebec.
- Quebec clinics will provide insurance receipts for therapeutic treatments.
- For insurance and billing questions, please visit our insurance page.
$99.99Non Member Price
$144.99Non Member Price
Is this Your First Visit?
- Please arrive 15-minutes early to fill out your initial Health History Form or download it now and bring it with you to your appointment.
- Leave your cellphone in the car to avoid the beeps you know you are going to want to check.
- Do not eat just before your massage, but also do not come in famished.
- Enjoy several long deep breaths even before you walk into the clinic.
- Ensure that your restroom duties have been fulfilled prior to your treatment.
- If your mind cannot relax into the treatment, try focusing on what muscles your therapist is working on and concentrating on how the work feels on your muscles.