Manual Osteopathy Treatment
Founded by Dr. Andrew Taylor Still, Osteopathy is a form of non-invasive manual treatment that focuses on the assessment, treatment, prevention and rehabilitation of musculoskeletal disorders that affect total body vitality. Osteopathy is based on the philosophy that physical structure and physiological function are inter-connected. Osteopathy uses palpation and manual techniques: joint mobilization, muscle energy technique, soft tissue therapy, muscle stretching and fascia manipulation to help your body restore functionality and well-being. Osteopathy treatment will contribute to your well-being in the following ways:
- Increase joint range of motion and muscle flexibility
- Reduce pain and stiffness
- Relieve chronic pain and stress
- Improve posture and alignment
Contrary to a massage, an osteopath treatment is interactive and will be followed by recommended exercises to do at home after the treatment. Therefore you will be moving during the session. We recommend that you bring shorts or leggings and a comfortable loose t-shirt or camisole top which will allow the manual treatment techniques on your upper body. Your session will focus on evaluation, a gentle mobilization treatment that will restore the optimal functioning of bones, muscles, fascia, nerves and organs. Once balance is achieved, you will feel relieved and energized.
*** Appointment time may be 40-60mins depending on number of areas that may require treatment. ***
- Your treatment time includes consultation and change time.
- Club MEx member pricing applied at time of appointment.
- Members and non-members are welcome in our clinics.
- 90 and 120 mins treatments may be available by phone.
- Under 16 requires a parental signature to receive treatment.
- Expecting Moms, please note number of weeks in your booking notes.
- Insurance receipts available.
Is this Your First Visit?
- Please arrive 15-minutes early to fill out your initial Health History Form or download it now and bring it with you to your appointment.
- Leave your cellphone in the car to avoid the beeps you know you are going to want to check.
- Do not eat just before your massage, but also do not come in famished.
- Enjoy several long deep breaths even before you walk into the clinic.
- Ensure that your restroom duties have been fulfilled prior to your treatment.
- If your mind cannot relax into the treatment, try focusing on what muscles your therapist is working on and concentrating on how the work feels on your muscles.