A TMJ Massage is a massage for jaw pain. A treatment for Bruxism, Jaw Clenching, the treatment of Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) Dysfunction. Your masseter muscle is your primary chewing muscle, it covers the sides of the jaw just behind the cheeks. It’s also the muscle that clenches your jaw and grinds your teeth. It can hold a lot of tension, and unfortunately, and it’s one of the most common locations for trigger points in the body. Because of this tension there is a very strong connection between tension headaches and jaw muscle tension. Our Expert RMTs can help address the cause of pain in this jaw and upper cheekbone area. Whether it's a jaw injury, jaw fatigue, arthritis, grinding/clenching, tension headaches, or improper posture causing muscular imbalances in the jaw area; regular massage in this area can help!To start, your service provider will ask you a few questions about your jaw, and its discomfort. They will then perform an assessment, starting with evaluating your posture, and asking you to open and close your mouth, move it side-to- side, and will feel around your jaw area and face. Massage therapy can gently work the muscles of the jaw, which can increase circulation to help decrease inflammation and speed up healing. The treatment itself is not painful, and a reduction in symptoms are generally felt immediately. Your RMT can also teach you how to massage this area yourself, so you can do it throughout the day.
- Your treatment time includes consultation and change time.
- Club MEx member discounts applied at time of treatment.
- 90 minute treatments are available by phone.
- Under 16: Requires a parental signature to receive a treatment.
- Expecting Moms, please note number of weeks in your booking notes.
- Direct Billing Available to Most Major Insurance Companies.
60 minutes session
89.99Non Member Price
90 minutes session
129.99Non Member Price
Is this Your First Visit?
- Please arrive 15-minutes early to fill out your initial Health History Form or download it now and bring it with you to your appointment.
- Leave your cellphone in the car to avoid the beeps you know you are going to want to check.
- Do not eat just before your massage, but also do not come in famished.
- Enjoy several long deep breaths even before you walk into the clinic.
- Ensure that your restroom duties have been fulfilled prior to your treatment.
- If your mind cannot relax into the treatment, try focusing on what muscles your therapist is working on and concentrating on how the work feels on your muscles.