Acupuncture has been part of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) for over 3,000 years. An acupuncture treatment starts with the identification of key health issues and the establishment of a diagnosis and treatment plan based on principles of Traditional Chinese Medicine. Treatments may include the stimulation of acupressure points physical manipulation or the insertion of fine sterile needles under the skin. Acupuncture can effectively treat a wide range of health issues. The main objective of acupuncture treatments is to restore the body’s energetic balance thus improving overall health and well-being. While acupuncture is often associated with pain control, in the hands of a well-trained practitioner it has much broader applications. It is particularly useful in resolving physical problems related to tension, stress and emotional conditions. Acupuncture treatments are covered by most extended heath care plans when performed by a registered acupuncturist. Each plan provides different coverage. Check with your insurance provider to find out first of all if you are covered for acupuncture, the percentage of treatment cost reimbursed by your plan, and the total amount of coverage allowed each year. www.acupuncturecanada.org is a source to see if Acupuncture is the right treatment for you.
*** PLEASE NOTE: Treatment times vary per condition(s) and can range anywhere from 40 - 60 minutes.***
- Your treatment time includes consultation and change time.
- Club MEx member pricing applied at time of appointment.
- Members and non-members are welcome in our clinics.
- 90 and 120 mins treatments may be available by phone.
- Under 16 requires a parental signature to receive treatment.
- Expecting Moms, please note number of weeks in your booking notes.
- Direct billing is available to most major insurance companies in all Provinces except Quebec.
- Quebec clinics will provide insurance receipts for therapeutic treatments.
- For insurance and billing questions, please visit our insurance page.
$99.99Non Member Price
Is this Your First Visit?
- Please arrive 15-minutes early to fill out your initial Health History Form or download it now and bring it with you to your appointment.
- Leave your cellphone in the car to avoid the beeps you know you are going to want to check.
- Do not eat just before your massage, but also do not come in famished.
- Enjoy several long deep breaths even before you walk into the clinic.
- Ensure that your restroom duties have been fulfilled prior to your treatment.
- If your mind cannot relax into the treatment, try focusing on what muscles your therapist is working on and concentrating on how the work feels on your muscles.